Archive for March, 2011
Our new servers are world-class website serving powerhouses. Each server is utilizing Dual 5530 Gainstown, 8 cores, RAID-10 protected hard disk space, with 12 GB of RAM. As you can see, we only use the best in hosting hardware setups.
With server-side technologies and software, we provide users with PHP 4 & 5 (including 5.3!) w/ Zend Optimizer, MySQL 5, Ruby on Rails (Ruby 1.8.7 & Rails 2.3.3), Python 2.3, 2.4, 2.6 & 3.0 and Perl 5.8.
We support GD Graphics Library, cURL Library, ImageMagick 5+, Server Side Include (SSI) support and CGI-BIN and Site-Wide CGI support. Here are some other key features of our network.
- Fully redundant network architecture with no single points of failure
- Industry-leading network bandwidth capacity: 250+ gigabits/second
- Multiple layers of network security
- Centralized network monitoring in the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Multiple concurrent, high-capacity Tier 1 bandwidth providers
- Network POPs across 5 cities and 2 continents
Your website files, email and information is always backed up. Keeping a recent working backup of your website files is extremely important. We We also do nightly server backups, so you can be certain your information is safe.
Our nightly backups are stored securely and fully capture each server’s content, file by file. Using the built-in backup functionality that comes with each web hosting account; you can easily backup your own website files. With just a few simple steps, you can download your backup and have instant access to your own archived files should you wish to do so. Please inquire with us and we can show you how to do this.
As a previous user of SiteProPlus’s previous Content Management System (CMS) for editing your website I need to urgently inform you of the following changes:
- The CMS is the software system that previously allowed you to edit your website online. This SiteProPlus CMS which you previously used was developed more than 5 years ago and was the major cause of the recent crash. It did not allow for functionality that modern websites use such as handling multimedia, tagging, SEO, plug-ins and much more. FYI, when we acquired SiteProPlus we knew the system was obselete and were evaluating the best course of action to replace it.
- As a current customer you may edit your website through the Cpanel you now have access to. However the CPanel is not a CMS. Rather, it is an administration panel that allows you to edit files online. However because the system is not a CMS but rather a control panel, you cannot do with it what you did with the previous CMS with the same ease of use. Ideally changing your website requires the use of a software such as Dreamweaver where you can access the source code of the site via FTP (file transfer protocol). This requires some technical knowledge which most of our valued clients would not have. If you know how to use a web editor such Dreamweaver obtain your FTP access is the same as your Cpanel access. Please contact us to obtain this if you don’t have this information.
Here are possible solutions:
- If you do infrequent text updates to your site, please send those to us and we can do them for you at no charge as part of our support.
- If you do frequent changes to your site which require adding pages, editing galleries and more there are two recommended choices:
- Learn how to use a HTML editor such as Dreamweaver. The FTP to the site where you can access the site directly is above. This is how most designers create websites. We believe very few of you will choose to do this unless you have knowledge or access to a designer.
- Upgrade of your current site to the WordPress CMS, one of the world’s most popular and powerful CMS systems in the market used by 13% of the top 1M sites. This CMS is very powerful and far easier to use than any CMS on the market. Although similar to what you used before with SiteProPlus is far more powerful yet easier to use. By upgrading you will have use of a CMS that is continually updated and allow you to do what you did before to your website and more! As an example of our existing sites that are already on this platform take a look at:
Originally we were planning on converting every customer to WordPress but the cost of conversion makes this unfeasible. The conversion is not necessary if your site is infrequently modified. If you decide that you wish to upgrade, we will partially subsidize the actual cost of conversion of your existing site depending upon the complexity of your existing site making it very nominal for most basic sites. This conversion to a modern CMS that is constantly upgraded will enable you to maintain the ease of use you had before while working with a solution that allows for a multitude of options. If you wish to discuss this further please let me know and one of our consultants will contact you.